Healthy delicious! How to make your peanut butter banana French toast.
Hello reader, this is one decadently yummy recipe. I recommend it for kids most times because it’s highly packed with healthy deliciousness. Peanut butter is high in protein and the right kind of fat, the bananas are healthy too, the egg in this recipe gives the right amount of protein for the meal. I have put a twist to it by adding some chocolate chips.
I tell mums that french toast is a way to get your picky eater to eat eggs just in case he/she isn’t normally interested in eggs. Gradually they get used to the taste and may accept eggs in other forms.
Peanut butter banana French toast
- Peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- In a wide bowl, whisk eggs, add the cream and pinch of salt.
- Spread the bread with peanut butter and arrange banana slices on it,
- Cover the banana layer with another slice of bread,add some chocolate chips if you are including it in the recipe, remove the crust around the bread and pinch the edges to sort of seal the sandwich.
- Deep the bread into the egg mixture, allow it to soak and place the other side in the egg mixture
- Put some butter in the non stick pan, heat it a bit and cook the sandwich on one side for about two minutes, cook the other side for another two minutes. Cut the sandwich in half, garnish with banana slices and some chocolate chips and maple syrup, dust some confectioners’ sugar on it.
Ronke Faniyan- guest blogger and food enthusiast