This is what happens When Women unite for progress- Limitless Opportunities!
On a bright sunny morning, Ilishan Remo played host to a vibrant group of ladies.
It was The Limitless Opportunities workshop organized by mrsceonaija.com, a distinct female empowerment blog in conjunction with Diamond Woman.
The speakers at the event inspired and empowered the girls through different lectures and interactive sessions. The topics spanned across identifying life purpose, mastering how to get a job and build a career, building their own business empires and achieving personal finance mastery.
The Speakers at the event were Mrs Nkemdilim Begho, MD Future Software Resources Nig Ltd, Ms Ada Iwugo Commercial Director House of Tara, Mr Jaiyeola David of Jobberman and Mrs Nimi Akinkugbe, Founder and CEO Bestman Games.
Picture: Ms Ada Iwugo of House of Tara giving the lecture on starting and managing businesses and cross section of students during various lectures.
It wasn’t all lectures and interesting discussions; it was also the Unveil of the Mrsceonaija’s Entrepreneurs Starter Kit (MESK). At the event, Mrs Tolu Adedeji, of mrsceonaija.com unveiled their new initiative. MESK will empower women through free trainings, internships and skills acquisition. In her words, ‘Our goal is to train 500 females in a year; we are so excited because we have some corporate partners already on board that have volunteered to give free trainings. We are calling on more corporate organizations and established businesses to volunteer to train at least 1 female in a year. Remember, there is something in your hand! Use it to change a life forever today. Please, volunteer today on Mesk Volunteer
To register for the free training as a participant, click , MESK, REGISTER. Entries are open all year round!’
Picture: Tolu Adedeji of mrsceonaija.com and Mrs Nkemdilim Begho at the event after Mrs Begho’s lecture.
The lead sponsor- Diamond Woman was there to inspire the young ladies to grow into the women they dream to be. Diamond Woman, an initiative by Diamond Bank seeks to ensure that women enjoy special benefits and have access to financial and non-financial information so they can thrive at home, at work and in their businesses. The ladies were shown how to get conversations started on the online community- www.diamondwoman.com.ng
Picture: Left to right: Diamond Woman team, Mrs Tolu Adedeji, Mrs Nimi Akinkugbe, United Capital & FBN capital representatives.
- House of Tara equipped several with beauty products in preparation for their graduation dinner and life after school. After all, they need to look like brilliant divas that they are.
- Jobberman team coached the participants on how they can get the get their dream job and build a career in the process, the sessions buttressed the recruitment edge the company has and its goal of bridging the unemployment gap through its services.
- The Bestman Games team was at the event and presented City of Lagos Monopoly boards and copies of the “A to Z of Personal Finance book by Mrs Akinkugbe as part of their Social Impact program to empower youth regarding their finances. The United capital, FBN capital team shed more light on mutual funds and money market.
- Picture: Cross section of the students with the Monopoly boards from Bestman Games, Mr David Jaiyeola of Jobberman, Ada and the United Capital Team, FBN Capital team, Mr Umahi of Babcock University, Tolu Adedeji, Ada of House of Tara, Mrs Nimi Akinkugbe, Mr Idemudia of WECHAT.
- The WECHAT team educated the students on how WeChat can add value to them asides just being an Instant Messenger, they also demonstrated to them how to start their own business on WeChat. There were lots of goodies dished out to students who are already using the app and registered new users on the app.
- Future Software Resources Nig Ltd, United Capital, FBN Capital, NTA and a host of others were also there to grace the occasion and partner on the MESK initiative.
At the end of the day, the 600 female graduating students all had one thing to say! It surely was a day never to be forgotten! It is indeed a 1st step in their journey of limitless opportunities.
Picture: One of the graduating students during a media chat with NTA.