How to KISS at work.
If you haven’t heard the ‘KISS’ acronym before, then you can say you heard it here! KISS is an acronym for “Keep it simple, stupid”. It is a design principle distinguished by the U.S Navy in 1960. The KISS principle states that most systems work best if they are kept simple rather than made complex.
As an employee or entrepreneur, it is important to always Keep it simple and maximize results. Here are a few tips to help:
- Always look at the big picture– Ask yourself what the most important results you want to deliver. Focus on these, don’t sweat the small stuff. As a business woman or career person, be clear on what your big goals are for the period.
- Take one step at a time on your business or job. Don’t try to do too many things at the same time.
- Build a network– no man makes an island. Learn to get results through people, your team, your employees, your colleagues. If you fall down today, life continues so don’t push yourself too hard. You CANNOT do everything alone.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. We are all mortals, we make mistakes. When you make one, learn from it and move on. Don’t beat up yourself.
- Learn and get smarter at work. If you need to get some training to get better at your job, then please do. Learn to work smart not hard only. If you are an accountant, you must be Microsoft excel savvy. The days of calculator and rulers only are over! Get
- Avoid distractions: Many are guilty of this. Don’t use your most productive hours on activities that don’t build the business. You know them- ‘Facebooking’, tweeting, several lunch breaks, chatting, calling e.t.c are all distractions during work hours.
Goodluck and keep it simple sweetheart 🙂